How I will spend my Summer!


It's summer time! 
For everyone's information, summer in Philippines starts at the end of the school year which will be on the second or third week of March. Summer for Filipinos is not necessarily alike to other Western countries that comes out after Spring. Because Philippines do not have the four seasons, just rainy and sunny. Yet, during the months of March to April, where we take a long break from the strenuous school year, we call it as our Summer besides having almost a very hot climate during this time in most places in the Philippines. Our Summer ends on the first week of June since that will be the start of another school year. At least, this is what we Filipinos noticed in our culture.
However, our education system already begun to implement the K-12 education which changed the starting of classes. It will now be like other countries that starts their classes on August until April or May, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, enough of that. I will just have a number of weeks to spend my summer due to my summer classes, yet, summer classes should not interfere my list of how I will spend my summer productively and of worth!

1. Go bake and cook. Well, I'm not the best at cooking and baking. I'm good at eating, but, making the food? naahh... Yet, I always want to learn this skills since last year. I started to make French toast, Chocolate mini cupcakes, and Filipino dishes like Adobo and Giniling na Baboy. But every time I make them again it feels like the first. So, I concluded that maybe I need continuous learning in baking and cooking and that will be better done in summer vacation where I will have more free time to do it.

2. Find my thesis topic. Three months from now we will be making our research proposal. Now, a good advice that I heard from my professors and seniors is to find my topic as soon as possible and as many as you can. Because cramming for a topic would likely give a bad foundation in making the full research paper.

3. Indulge myself to TV series. Winter is coming. Yes guys! I can't wait for Game of Thrones! Maybe not just GOT but I'll gonna try other series during this summer. Why not? This will make a great de-stressing during my summer class. 

5. Be a brand new student. The past school year, I actually got astray with my study habits. My academics are my major dilemma right now that it made me upset and scared for my future and dreams. It is as if I am on the edge of the cliff torn between choices; to go forth or fall into another cliff. So, I reached to the point to bring back my freshmen spirit, Magis. A term that means do better.  

6. Exercise self-confidence. Why not? Walk into the school hallway with in mind that you are beautiful for who you are. Raise your hand during classes and ask or answer questions with in mind that you have studied this and you can do it. Confidence starts in your mind. Think positive and be humble for mistakes. 

7. Write on. Open blogger and share my summer, life in sugar and spice. It's nice to see and recall the moments that I encountered. Plus, writing sets my mind into place since it helps me let go of my excitement or sadness. This is a place where I can share and meet people with different ways in spending summer. How will you spend it? I would love to know.

CONVERSATION

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post,dear!
    Do you want to support each other by following on GFC? If you'd like that, please follow me on the both of my blogs and I'll follow you back ASAP when you write me a comments on the newest posts. xx :) <3

    Vildana from :
    http://living-like-v.blogspot.ba/2016/03/spring-wish-list-part-1.html
    http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2016/03/20-reasons-to-ship-stalia.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vildana. I'll check your blog the soonest :)

      trulyfionaa.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. hope you'll have a great summer dear! go and achieve all your goals x

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daria :)

      trulyfionaa.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I should really try and exercise more self-confidence as well, that's something I've always and will probably always struggle with. On a much lighter note, hooray for Game of Thrones! I'm so excited for it to return.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same feels for GOT! :D

      trulyfionaa.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. great post, love it ♥
    do you want to follow each other on gfc? let me know :)

    http://itsmeieva.blogspot.lt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ieva! Already followed you on GFC :)

      Delete

Back
to top