Flicks: Descendants of the Sun






Are you fond of Korean dramas? Because I am dying to tell you something...

I am so so so so head over heels with Descendants of the Sun!

I'm not sure if you ever heard of this Korean drama but this is the bomb in Asia this season. At least it is popular mostly in South Korea, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, and Philippines as I can see on the internet. Now I understand that not all people are fond of such but please do try to watch it. 
I'm going to let go of my excitement first because I have butterflies all around my body right now. When I saw this posted in Facebook I wasn't really attracted to it since I thought that it was a Korean culture film. The title describes it though. But when my classmates were already talking about it in class and I can see a lot of post about it in social media I thought I could give it a try. 
So here I am now, having mix feelings after I watched it.

The drama mainly focuses on the love story of a soldier and a doctor that  are trying to overcome the challenges in their relationship due to their professions. The concept of the story is quite serious and realistic so I think most people can relate to it. Especially that there are a lot of couples nowadays are in the same situation. However, the drama doesn't only revolve on their love story but it also gave an important lesson at the end and I think that's the reason why they entitled it as "Descendants of the Sun". But I'll leave that to you.
In additional, Song Joong Ki, the main actor is so charming! This is the time that you'll gonna dream of having a soldier boyfriend because of his character. "Where's my Big Boss?" Also, if you're an aspiring doctor or soldier I think DOTS will be an inspiration to you. Because you got to learn about life here, a life of such profession. You got to realize that the struggle is real beyond the walls of your school. Handling situations involving other people is harder than you think especially if you feel something for her or him. But again I'll leave the realizations to you because I think it's better that you get the drama's message in your grasp and own beliefs. 

The Korean drama has only 16 episodes and 1 special behind the scenes video. If you want to check it out here's the link: Descendant of the Sun.

ENJOY!
PS: Don't mind episode 17 and 18 because it's just a reuploaded video and episode 19 will be their special behind the scenes video.

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the history of war movies. not very authentic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm confused, Profosor. What do you mean?
      The Korean drama actually focuses on the romantic relationship and their service for their country. You can also see action in the drama if that's what you mean :)

      Delete
  3. Seems a pretty great movie!
    Have a great day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read a few blog posts on this now and each one just as glowing and positive as this review! If it ever makes its way over to the UK, I'll be sure to watch haha :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yes, Gabrielle. Thanks! Have a nice day! :)

      Delete
  5. Your blog is the cutest thing! Your review has me totally hooked and I want to watch it now haha! Now following you on GFC :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, Elizabeth! Done following you in GFC :D
      Have a lovely day!

      Delete

Back
to top