Anxieties of being a 4th year Biology student


Hey guys! What's up?
Few more days to go and I'm going back to school, hopefully will be my last year in college or university. I actually find it confusing to use either of the words "college" and "university" because what I know is in other countries college and university have both significant differences while here in Philippines the distinctions aren't really emphasized. But anyways...
So, I'm officially a senior student in Biology and I cannot believe this!
It's really insane to think that I'm almost there. Nine months to go and I'll be receiving that diploma and wearing my first toga. I want to cry. But, I still have many challenges ahead of me before I get that. I know, I know, it'll be difficult but I'll do my best.
So being a senior now is ridiculously insane. I feel a lot of pressure and my anxieties are terrorizing me. The things that worries me a lot are:



I freak out when I think about my future career. Planning to go to med school wasn't my dream when I was in high school. Actually Biology and the path of medicine wasn't on my mind when I entered the university. Because I was one of the people who never knew what my passion is and what I should pursue. I never had the slightest idea and my course right now was a suggestion from my aunt. Until I learned to love the idea of saving lives, working on a hospital and having medical missions, riding on an ambulance, feeling the rush of taking one's life in the emergency room, the excitement and nerve-wrecking show in the operating room...Though, my mind always gives me the fear of not knowing my future life. Am I going to become a doctor? Is it really the Lord's plan? Thinking that I'm already a senior student makes me nuts that I should really have to deliberate and decide wisely for my career. I pray for guidance though.  


I have a Calculus subject for the first semester and you know how bad I am with figures. I just really have to cross my fingers for a nice teacher and that I can cope with the lessons. Also, as the majority of the seniors told us back then, Parasitology and Developmental Biology would be a downfall to us during senior year. Everything will be hard and there will be a bloody memorization of parasites and paperworks to do not to mention our thesis. 



Now I am not really a flexible person when it comes to exams. Exams are one the struggles I really find hard to deal with especially the quarterly exams and long exams before that. Like we have a ton of exams every month and I'm like chasing the time of preparation I have for studying. I don't want this to be long because I'll be reserving the whole explanation of this for one of my future blog post. In additional, I'm worrying with my MCAT, Entrance exam, and Interview. I have like 4 months until the MCAT exam and I'm still finding a good reviewer for it. I'm also worrying about the thought of failing my MCAT. The MCAT is a bridge to whether or not I'll be going to med school. I just really hope that I'll have good results and preparation.



Oh not to mention the requirement for me to graduate is my Thesis. I'll be dealing with this for the whole year and time will also be a challenge for me. I just really hope that I can find the perfect topic that I can manage within the given time. 

Maybe that's all for my confessions now. Looking ahead of me is scary but I know if I can just have perseverance and faith I can do it. Just go on and stand up after the fall because I believe that good things is just around the corner. 
Hey pal, dealing with the same anxieties? Maybe we can have a chit-chat about it below. Or should you have any tips on handling such, do tell me. I'll be grateful for any kinds of help. :)

Have a beautiful day! 

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. God help you. You're a good girl and a good person. I hope to be full of life başarıalrl. I hope you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Profosor! Thanks for the kind words :) Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Goodluck hun! Thanks for sharing & Happy weekend♥

    xx OHIAMIHT BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a wonderful week! :D

      Delete
  3. Good luck and positive vibes for the final push of the year Fiona, I know you'll do brilliantly! I know it can be a pressure as well but try not to worry too much about the future if you're not sure where you're headed, it took me a couple of years to really figure out what I wanted to do. And enjoy your time at the moment as well! All the best for exams etc. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice Tasha! I think this is just part of our life where we experience this kind of anxiety especially after college and we just need to do our best and take a leap of faith :) Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. follow me i follow back

    Liebste Grüße aus Hamburg
    Jenny

    --> CHANGEABLE-STYLE <--


    >>>CLICK HERE<<<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonna check your blog the soonest, Jenny. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. Sending you so much love girl, you can get through this! <3 My twin sister is a Biology student too so I've seen first hand how much work she gets and how stressed out it can make her so you're not alone! x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwe thank you Cara! Have a wonderful week and to your sister too! :D

      Delete
  6. I believe you can pass this struggle dear and I'm feeling that you'll do great on biology industry, you don't have to be a doctor, right? But you can still use your knowledge on another way. Good luck dear, get your diploma soon and cheers! :)

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO BLOG|
    |INSTAGRAM|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelshea! Have a nice day :D

      Delete
  7. It's completely understandable why you're feeling a bit overwhelmed, but just remember - you were more than capable of getting to where you are right now, so I've absolutely no doubt you can get through the next 9 months! A huge 'good luck' to you (not that you need it!) - I'm sure it'll feel as though things are starting to fall into place soon :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Gabrielle :D It made my day. I'll just have to believe in myself more and take a leap of faith.
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  8. Good luck and congratulations in advance :) kaya yan :D

    ♥ from http://expatpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ate Glenda! :D Have a nice day!

      Delete

Back
to top