Tips on Overcoming Social Anxiety

According to Google, social anxiety is the fear of interaction with other people that brings on self-conciousness, feelings of negatively judged and evaluated, as a result, leads to avoidance.
I am guilty of this. I think being strong and confident of yourself are one of the ways to become a better person. But oftentimes, becoming such is hindered because of your anxieties. 
I have difficulty in overcoming anxiety. It's not easy, seriously. Over the times, I had gathered these few tips that I got from my own experiences. The first thing I do to overcome it is I condition my mind. The mind is the one who controls of what you should feel, think, and do. I let myself be aware, every time I have anxiety attack or before I go out the house, that I have the tendency to become anxious today or I tell myself "you are being anxious again". This is actually very helpful to me as it helps me relax and stay calm during hard situations. Because being aware will make you open-minded and your chaotic thoughts will heat off. 
Apart from self-awareness, I also accept that there are people who will judge you no matter what. You can avoid circumstances or people that will trigger your anxiety, but, you cannot avoid it for the rest of your life. Because they are always there. This is my all time self-reminder.
Because of this fact, I try not to jump to bad conclusions/thoughts when I'm in the situation. Just because he mentioned your flaws doesn't mean that you are not a good person. Unless, he told you directly in his sincerest intention that you are not good.
Points to remember:
🌼If you want to overcome social anxiety, I know it's hard (even for me) but take baby steps, you have to teach yourself on dealing with it. 
🌼You're the only one who can push yourself out from it. It's your choice.


I hope this post would somehow help you. I know we can overcome this. Wish you all the best!
Perhaps, do you know any way to overcome social anxiety? Let me know in the comments😊 



If you like this post, don't forget to follow my blog and my other social media accts😉
Links are on the sidebar


CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Good post, I also have anxiety. I have Emetophobia and also a bit of social anxiety so I can relate a lot. Glad I came across your blog :)

    Stella xx
    onegirlblogger.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting :) Hope it would somehow help you.
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Great post, i think its important that change doesn't happen over night but that doesn't mean it wont. It takes time <3

    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Thank you! Have a nice day :)

      Delete
  3. Whether you suffer from this mental illness or not, I think you'll get something out of this blog post. My best friend, in fact, has social anxiety even from just speaking to someone over a counter at a shop. One thing I've learnt from her is that to overcome anxiety is patience and HOW you overcome social anxiety.

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's like a process. You'll learn to overcome it as time goes by :)
      Have a nice day!

      Delete

Back
to top