Disconnecting My Accounts

So I already made up my mind.

Just to clarify things out, when I created my blog I thought it was fine to link my personal social media accounts in it. I really don't know if I had thought about this back then, I feel like I just did it without deliberation. Just put the link there and your blog is all setLittle did I know the outcome of my actions.

It was all running fine. One or two lovely bloggers followed me and my account was good until I noticed that my blog is growing (not necessarily becoming popular but building connections from amazing bloggers) as well as my social media accounts.

One moment on my twitter account, I wanted to interact with my fellow bloggers and share the updates in their blogs. But I was too doubtful to do it. I thought that if I'll gonna do it my friends will see it as my recent activity. What will be their reactions? They'll gonna know that I blog? Will they laugh at my blog? Will they be interested? curious? confuse? Or maybe they'll get annoyed?

It was a bit stressful to think about these things. My blog and personal life is clashing together! As you can see, no one knows about my blog except my squad. I realized that keeping my blog a secret from my loved ones and watering my blog to grow at the same time is difficult at some point.

So I decided to put borders between my blog and personal accounts. 



Thank you for your advice everyone! Thank you for sharing your personal experiences too. It was a great help for me to decide which is which.πŸ˜ŠπŸ™

And now I'm presenting my new Twitter account😊
Clink this picture to head over to my account

For my other social media accounts (except Tumblr), I'm sorry but I have to disconnect it from here for the meantime.



For my old account followers...

I'm sorry for bringing you up to this. I should have earnestly thought about this at the beginning. I don't mind if you'll unfollow me on my old account. For posting irrelevant things and not engaging more to my fellow bloggers was shameful for me. I wish I had realized it sooner. 

CONVERSATION

9 comments:

  1. I hope that works well for you!
    I keep my blog far from my persona facebook and it keeps me anxiety-free haha


    http://www.desiringsme.com/ways-to-wear-summer-basics/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think that's a good decision dear! I am curious about how you will think about it in the future! :)
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so scared about putting my blog URL on my personal accounts at first, I can definitely understand, it's lovely to have that privacy of a personal account :D eventually I did it, but is only because I lost touch with many people on there, so I wasn't afraid of being judged hehe; love your blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were exactly my worries so I made seperate accounts for everything but now I have people I know following me all of a sudden like they're connected to my other ones so I think I might want to make new ones, idk though. Thanks for sharing!

    Stella xx
    http://onegirlblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear, i'm a new follower of your beautiful blog, can you follow mine on my blog?
    :) <3
    https://amoriemeraviglie.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things change. You start one thing and then realise down the road that something else is better which is perfectly okay!

    You'll be a lot more free and open now.

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the same issue. My friend was smart enough to create a blogging account from the start, but I had to change mine halfway through. Great post!

    nandythecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I appreciate your choice, maybe it's really better to separate the account if it makes you more active and comfortable. Have a good day dear :)

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO BLOG|
    |FACEBOOK| |INSTAGRAM|

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deciding whether to link my blog to my personal account was a decision with thought. In the end, I chose to create a separate account. Yes, the account is less popular than my personal one but it makes me feel more comfortable so...as long as you're happy with it then don't worry.😊Anyways, I’m also commenting to say congratulations, I’ve nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ To smoother out all the rules of the award as well as the questions you may have, check out the link below:

    http://bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/overdue-baking-post-2017-no15-mystery.html

    Have a good day and I’m looking forward to your post!πŸ˜€πŸ˜Š

    #sweetreats xx

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top