Getting Ready for College: Points to Remember


Hello everyone! Back to school season is fast approaching! I don't know if this applies to everyone, but in our place, some schools starts their school year in August! 

So for this post, with everything that I had experienced in my college years/university life, I'll share to you few things that I learned in getting ready for your incoming college life. This is also applicable to everyone who is now in their college years. Without further ado, here are few points to remember when you're getting ready for college.

🌼College is a big deal!
As soon as you graduate in high school, there is this common dilemma you face about not knowing what to do in life一 what you want as a profession or job, etc. Because of this dilemma, usually some high school graduates tend to go with the flow without reflecting what it means to enter college and be a college student. As a consequence, they will feel overwhelmed and surprise as they step into a new chapter. 

And I think this is normal because it's a matter of maturity. Not all people will realize important things in this stage. That's why a part of getting ready for college is always being oriented. Ask your parents or older siblings about it, or do some research.

So, just to get on with my point, you just have to know that college is a bridge to your future job. This 4 to 5 years of studying will equip you to become a good businessman, engineer, nurse, and whatever you want to become. 

This is not like in high school. This is already something to be taken on seriously

🌼Choosing your course is a major responsibility
A lot of college students extended their years of studying in college because of course-related problems. Take it from me, I was enrolled in Biology program and we were so many during freshmen. But, as we progressed, our number decreased slightly.
There are couple of reasons why this happens:
1. Along the way, students find their course difficult than they'd imagined.
2. Along the way, the got failing marks or didn't reach the cut-off grades for their major subjects.
3. Along the way, they either realized that their course is not for them or they want to become this sort instead, so they decided to shift to another course.

So to get on with my point, choose your course wisely

I honestly don't have much to say to this because even I always have that decision-making problem. Hence, you better consult your parents or someone professional that you can rely on if you find it hard to choose your course.

Your course is really a matter between passion and practicality, and of course your will and determination.

🌼College is a whole new kind of environment because. . .

1. It comprises people with different nationality, ethnicity, beliefs, and personality.
2. You can freely choose your own class schedules.
3. You may not have the same classroom for every subjects. However, you may walk more than a hundred meters to get into your next class for few minutes.
4. Your professors may be nice, neutral, or the worst person ever in your life. 
5. Exams may be consecutive.
6. College activities are awesome. 

🌼College will push you to strive harder
You may end up with a terror teacher and your whole semester wrecks because of that. Terror teachers will definitely make or break you. They'll gonna give you an F if they have to. So, focus guys. Always do the requirements, participate in his activities, and don't ever be late in his 7:30am class.

🌼Balance is important
Don't ever deprive yourself from being happy. Yes, it is important to focus on your studies but don't miss the opportunity to get along with your friends for a night out. As long as you know your limits, try to have fun! Be young, wild, and free



So that's it! Hope you got something from here. Good luck guys!😊💪


Do you have any questions about college that you want me to answer?
 Feel free to leave it in the comments below!

What else can you say about college?







If you haven't followed my blog yet,
links are on the sidebar😉

CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. Great post! :)

    www.sophiaston.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you So phia! Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  2. Love this! I'm so excited about entering college and meeting all the new people.

    xx Fiona

    New England Gothic

    ReplyDelete
  3. College/Uni is a BIG deal... and an exciting one at that!
    You've given great tips here. It is SO incredibly important to pick the right degree- and the right uni for you!

    Lovely tips!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree :) Thank you Steph! Have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  4. This is great! Thanks for the advice and I'm starting college in September so this is perfect! Good luck wih everything this year xx
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's really exciting! Thank you and good luck to you as well :D

      Delete
  5. Great post dear! :) Very helpful.

    www.sophiaston.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I totally agree on those points dear! College is such a great time and it's even better if you have some structure :)
    xx, Carmen - http://www.carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Choosing the right course at any point of education really is super important, although I suppose switching courses along the way if often an option now! Hope you're having a lovely week :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. Switching course really depends on the situation of the individual especially on the financial and passion aspect :) So a thorough assessment is advice before taking the action.

      Delete
  8. I agree! College life is really a serious thing (for me). If you don't have focus you can't graduate any course or either ended with a course you don't want. ;)

    https://marchhappythoughts.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. That's the difficult side of a college life. But, it's always a good thing to be prepared for college, as to avoid experiencing such challenge :)

      Delete
  9. Oh great advice! I'll be applying to college next year so this was great xx

    Stella
    http://onegirlblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got some points here :) Good luck Stella!

      Delete
  10. I'm entering my senior year of college (which i cannot believe is already here by the way lol) and i agree with so much of what you have said. I especially agree with your point about choosing your course wisely. What I came to realize was extremely beneficial was in my freshman year taking things that I know I would be interested in, as well as a few electives that I was curious about to really see if what I wanted was truly the best fit for me. Uni has really been such an eye opening experience for me. I definitely think that your points are very relevant and helpful to all!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all thank you Andrea :) I wish you all the best in your senior year. One last push and you finally made it! I agree with what you said. Even in my own experience college was so meaningful to me that I learned so many things, not just on the academics but in real life.

      PS. Welcome to my blog!

      Delete

Back
to top