Putting Borders on my Accounts?

I have been struggling about this for weeks already! 

It started when I noticed that my blog is already making steps. I mean not becoming popular, but rather building connections from awesome bloggers and stuffs. I noticed that my blog and private life is clashing together! 

As you can see, my blog is linked to my personal social media accounts. So if you click on the icons in the sidebar right now, it directly takes you to my personal (I mean very personal) account. My personal account, well, is consist of my day to day rants and updates. But the thing is...for example, my twitter account is mainly followed by my friends and schoolmates. Most of my tweets are stated in our own, different dialect and it's content is mainly "relatable" only to my friends and schoolmates. Same thing happens when I tweet about blogging stuffs. My friends can't relate much about it. That's not really good, right? I feel like I'm alienating (is this the right term?) both sides, or rather everyone of what I'm currently up to.

But that's not my only problem. I always wanted to share my blog on my social media accounts but I don't think I can pull it out for my family and friends to see it, because no one knows about my blog except my squad. My family and friends would really be surprised, I think, if they knew about it. But, don't get me wrong I want them to know about it but I'm not sure if I can now.

Anyways, so because of this struggle I was planning to create a separate social media account for my blog. A separate Twitter to be exact. I still don't know if I have to do the same for my Instagram, Tumblr, and Spotify. I just wanted to know your thoughts about this.  

I also created a separate email address for personal/school purposes, so it's really evident that I'm doing a bit of organizing my internet life right now. I'm actually having a headache now knowing that I have so many usernames, accounts, and different passwords AAHH!😵

Let me know what you think about this chums
If you have any advice, I'll be so grateful😊







If you haven't followed my blog yet
links are on the sidebar😉

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. I've been to the same dilemma. Haha. I do share my blog on my other social media accounts but I have a facebook account where my friends there are mostly my friends and readers/fans. While I have another one with my family and relatives. I didn't planned it but it just happened. I was so careful before. I don't want people close to me knowing I have a blog. But later on, I realized that what I was doing isn't just about secrets and keeping what I think to other people. I just let them discover my blog although I don't give them direct link. If you want to put borders, you might wanna try not giving the links of your social media account here in your blog. Your blog already reflects who you are, so your readers here will already know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first, I thought linking up my personal social media accounts here was fine. But, it kinda worries me since I notice that there's something wrong in it.
      I wanted to share my blog to my family though but I think I'm not ready yet hahaha :D Would consider your advice. Thanks ate Hazel! :)

      Delete
  2. Dear blogger,
    To share my own experiences with my blog social media, I wasn't actually open to the idea of linking my personal social medias with my blog as I wanted my blog to be as open and public to as many upcoming bakers out there online. And I felt that if I was going to link my blog to my own social !media, it would limit the elevation of my blog's success. So I chose otherwise and created the blog's individual media platform which I have to admit, hasn't been the strongest.😅 I tend to find most bloggers make an individual account especially for the blog followers or other reasons however.I mainly generated a separate account to keep myself safe online... I can't choose what you decide but maybe that should be something to consider? I hope I've helped you decide😊

    #sweetreats xxx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's also something I'm considering right now, the safety of my personal infos and the exposure of my blog. And I see, so far I haven't encountered topics like this so it's a bit difficult for me to decide which is which. Like weighing its pros and cons. I'll consider your advice lovely :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I have a separate twitter and Instagram account for personal and my blog. Thanks for sharing xx
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay thanks for telling Laila! Have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  4. Privacy is important so there is nothing of that on my socials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Separating social media accounts for personal and blogging is a very good choice, great decision!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think so? Thanks Gabrielle! Have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  6. i think that's a great idea! i don't talk about my blog much to my parents because i know they'll talk about it with everyone and as a shy person i would feel quite embarrassed to talk about my blog :D but creating a seperate account for your blog is very professional ;) and i'm considering doing the same thing

    - nicole ᵔᴥᵔ | nicolesmind.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I was thinking the same way too but I should make up my mind now. Separating my accounts must be good :)

      It must be nice that your parents will really support you blogging :) In my part, I don't know yet if they'll think it's awesome or not since blogging is not a usual thing I hear from other people here in our community.

      Delete
  7. Personally, I'd suggest getting a separate blog account for several reasons. One thing about social media in terms of blogging is that a certain personal aesthetic needs to established; if you're into experimenting with photos on your personal, the blend isn't that good. I'd also do it because of the privacy reason. When you mix and merge personal and blogging, some people you tag in your photos may not be as open to having their photos out and open to a larger audience than who you usually know. Lastly, it'll help keep the intimacy of your personal account without it feeling super awkward that it's broadcasted to a bigger audience. The only downside is balancing out posting on both accounts-- I suggest drafting posts, which is an option on Instagram!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you advice Abigail :) I would consider the privacy of my friends and family too. Those are good points your emphasizing there, thank you! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  8. Hiya Fiona, you have a lovely blog!

    What I'd suggest is to keep everything to a minimum; I used to have a separate twitter, instagram, google+ etc... for my blog and it all got too much! I went back to basics.

    What I find manageable is personal accounts on facebook, twitter etc... then just have an email for your blog. I link my pinterest account to my blog because that isn't overly personal but everything else is separate! You may want to get a twitter account for your blog if you find that an easier sharing platform though.

    Hope this helps <3

    Lauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I'm considering too, thinking if it's convenient for me. That is a good point Lauren :) Thank you and have a lovely day!

      Delete

Back
to top